Thursday, May 28, 2009

sew busy

One of the great things about having C's parents come is that Sherry is so talented.

While they were here she made some custom scrub hats (you know- the hats doc's wear in surgery). C now has an assortment; camo, peppers, harleys, geckos and a tribute to john deere-all made to fit.

The other fabulous thing she/we made was this cutest apron.

She brought the pattern and fabric and made it in no time.

I LOVE IT. 
 It could even double as a shirt if I ever wanted to..

Those things hanging down are the big ties, which tie in the back.

She also brought my mother's day present which was a sewing machine.
It's an old singer, restored, in GREAT condition and it's perfect. 
It doesn't have bells and whistles, but it has the basics and that's what I wanted.  
It will last FOREVER! 
I am so excited!
I can't wait to see what comes out of it.

2 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

I'm so glad you got a machine. I've been trying to teach myself to sew lately and I love it! Where did you find the pattern for the OR caps? That would be a fun project!

Arbuckle Blog said...

Cute apron. I just made a baby blanket. Let's just say I am not a master at putting fabrics together.